My sister leaves and I get some unusual cuddle time from her little one, which I'll gladly absorb. Only a few weeks ago I told KK "you don't like me??" after she ran away from me. . .to which she replied "don't like you!" haha She is at a repeat everything stage so kind of funny. So the fact that she was happy to cuddle on my lap for 15 minutes was nice. During which time, Nenna told me about her mom- "My mom has eyes on the sides of her head and back!!" I told her that I knew that. She then proceeded to tell me that was how her mom always knew what she was doing!! I about peed my pants for the first time. . .
Then I scored major points by ordering pizza for dinner. All four girls loved and I think probably scared the pizza man with the screams as he came up to the door. I gave myself points for taking a picture with all looking and smiling!
ALL Smiling!!!
The big girls used the potty during dinner, which left the little girls at the table. The two proceeded to giggle and giggle at each other. Sweet Pea was copying everything that KK did. . .so cute! After they all ate pizza and all the apples in the house, I treated them with chocolate chip cookies! Sweet Pea LOVED her first Chips Ahoy which doesn't surprise me at all!
"Mmmmm . . ." I think someone likes cookies!
Since today was almost 80 degrees we went outside to run off some energy. Papa and Grandma H were enjoying the nice weather and their new porch, so I visited with them as the big girls explored and blew on dandelions. I know this summer will be filled with days of the girls playing in the yard and on the gazebo!
Back inside, we colored "shrinkydinks" and had fun watching them instantly shrink in the oven! Such fun! While we were coloring Nenna started to tell me a story but stopped and told me "If I tell you, you'll crack up. . ." I wish I knew what she had been thinking, but this was the third time I almost lost it!
The girls watching the shrinkydinks bake!
As we were getting pajamas on, I was being silly so the little girls would not be upset that it was bedtime. I overheard Nenna walking back into the playroom saying "Emily! Your mom is funny!" Again about peed my pants. . . I'm so happy to know that a four year old still thinks I'm funny! hehe
The evening was complete with the big girls in my bed watching "Snow White." Nenna was so excited but cracked me up. "Its not on!" I would tell her yes it was and to be patient." Over and over she told me that. She did not understand that the classic Disney movies had long intros! Too cute! Then she said "Snow White talks funny!" I guess she does, but as I grew up with the movie I never thought about it! That was just how Snow White talked! haha
Two big girls snuggled in the big bed watching "Snow White!"
Years ago, my sister and I talked about ideally having our children close together so they would have cousins to play with. Her and I were so much younger than our other siblings and cousins that we were always stuck with each other. Until college, I don't think we really appreciated each other. My babies didn't quite come when I would have ideally planned, but they are close to hers. It is awesome to see them growing up together and already having so much fun together! I hope they will always treasure each others friendship and see how lucky they are! The other ideal would be to have our other sister live close by. . . .her daughters are the perfect baby-sitting ages! hehe Then we could all go out together!
Someday these two will be partners in crime!





Haha What a fun night!
ReplyDelete