Team Little Feet Big Dreams!
I can't believe its already over! This was our family's fourth year walking and it was a fun day. After Pumpkin's early arrival, I knew I needed to give back in some way. Through a random Internet search, I discovered the March of Dimes (that's a blog for another day!). I learned that they developed surfactant therapy which saved Pumpkins life- without it her lungs would never have been able to function. Our first year walking we had a small team- my father, sister, and my coworker and her boyfriend. It poured for most of the walk- we were cold but had a blast! The last two years have gone even better- good weather, good food, and now it has become a time to get family and friends together that we do not see often. I am usually torn between trying to be the host of our team and also working as the Family Team Chair at our tent, but it is such a great experience I keep going back for more! The walk is usually an emotional time for me, but it also reminds me of how precious my little miracle is.This years walk was extra special for a few reasons. My oldest sister was able to walk with us. She lives out of state and she was here visiting for the weekend and I was so excited to have her participate with us! She is such an overachiever she asked if she could run the 6.2 miles! haha Also we were so lucky have the support of both my parents and G's parents. We could not do this each year without them and their support is so special to me. I also had students walking again this year- each year I am amazed by the support of my students. I have students that fundraise and also that come walk. My friend Tami was able to come again this year. . .this year was extra special for her as well. The memories that we make at the walk each year are very special. I am privleged to walk for Pumpkin and Sweet Pea and to have the support of such good friends and family.
As always you are welcome to donate still: www.marchforbabies.org/girlyhurley (or click on the link on the side!)
Here are some pictures from the walk!
Silly Uncle!
Tami and Me
Grandma, Pumpkin, and Me





I love the pictures! So glad you guys had a great day!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Kate