Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moving up and Sliding down

This week our family was hit by the dreaded stomach bug. . . it was NOT fun and I had the worst of it!  So happy we are all starting to feel better.  Pumpkin threw up once Saturday night and woke up wanting a doughnut!  Kids definitely fared better than the adults- the thought of a doughnut still makes my stomach roll.  Hopefully we will all feel great for our three day weekend coming up although we are due for rain, rain, and more rain.

In other news this week. . .Miss Pumpkin has moved up into a new carseat!  Her old carseat can still accomodate her weight (no shocker there), but her height is slowly creeping up.  Sweet Pea will be inheriting the seat once she is one AND 20 pounds, so off we went to look at the new carseats!  After researching, I found two that I liked (and were on sale!) and so we went to the store to have her try them out!  She was so excited she even started singing "I"m getting a new carseat, I'm getting a new carseat!"   So here is her in her new seat on the way to school this morning. 

I'm calling this her "forever seat." She will never outgrown this chair. . .it turns into a booster and then maybe (hopefully) she'll be big enough to not need it. . . .It is the joke that she will take her driving test in a booster seat!  (And yes I scored MAJOR mommy points this morning for making her a lunch to take to preschool.  She was so excited for her new seat AND a lunch!)

Now not to exclude Miss Sweet Pea. . .she has become quite the little walker and climber.  This week she followed Pumpkin and learned how to climb up the slide!  She LOVES to slide down, so now that she knows how to go up as well she is pretty happy.  We  now have to watch for her climbing on the bricks by the fireplace, on the door of the dishwasher when it is open, and up the step stool in the bathroom!  She is keeping her mommy very busy!  Here are a few pictures of her mastering how to climb up the slide.  And yes- Pumpkin thinks she is big enough to "catch" her when she comes down!

Almost there!!

"I'll catch you!"

1 comment:

  1. I love that carseat! We have the same one for both of my kids. L is still in the high-back booster since he cannot maintain 40 pounds :( He'll be 7 in a few weeks.

    I added you to my blog list, hope that is okay :)

    S

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...