Wednesday, April 28, 2010

T Ball Season is Here!

I'll be honest. . .I really didn't want to have Pumpkin play Tball this year. Soccer was difficult in the fall- she really had a hard time playing the entire game. Neither G nor I are huge baseball lovers (although I did play softball for many years), so we figured we would sit this out. . . .


Pumpkin has two cousins her age and they both come from families that love baseball and they were planning on signing their kids up for Tball at the same church where we had soccer. Knowing that two of her cousins were going to be playing, as well as knowing how much my dad would enjoy watching her play was all it took to convince me to sign her up. It is adorable to watch and so much fun with two of her uncles coaching and her cousins with her! She is the smallest on her team, but definitely not the youngest! One amusing fact is that the bat they use is 15 oz. . . .same as she weighed at birth! Crazy! This past Saturday was her first game. . . I couldn't decide which pictures were my favorite so I'll warn you there are a lot!!  You'll see that this is definitely a family affair- lots of help from Daddy, two Uncles, Papa, and Grandpa!


It makes it easier to run to the base when you are running to your Uncle!!!

Getting some batting tips from Uncle V

She made it to third!!!  Papa was waiting!

Yes!!!  She hit is all by herself!!! Woohoo!

Running home!!  Notice Grandpa coaching third behind her!

Love this picture!!!  Mom tells stories of me making daisy chains in right field!!!

Playing the infield with Daddy!  Her cousin is in the pink pants on the right!

 Miss Sweet Pea was busy during the game playing on Grandma's chair!  So proud of herself! 

Sweet Pea watching the game!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like so much fun! Kinda makes me sorry Tyler's not doing T-Ball :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it was 3-4 age group right? I may have to sign up Sean for it next year! I think he'd have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...