Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This little tractor... And a new toy!






Well it's not really a little tractor... Our family spent the weekend at the Antique Farm Show in Tulare. G spent the entire weekend at the show with our trailer. After last year we learned that we needed a home base- so nice to have a place with shade to relax at. G and his dad had three tractors on display so it made sense to have someone at the show all weekend as well. The girls and I just went for one night. We had one of the best camping spots!




This is looking out from our trailers door! Right in front of us was the auction. It was plenty of entertainment just to watch people walk through the auction items, see what they stopped at, and of course what they were driving!! People ride anything from golf carts to homemade go carts to one guy on a barstool with a steering wheel and a motor! My favorite of course was these three...




These are our ultimate lazy boy chairs! Built by G from electric wheel chair bases. That could be a whole blog in itself!! The girls is pink with purple accents. Both chairs have red rear lights and LED lights underneath for more lighting! Needless to say we were constantly stopped!
G's dad rode the little tractor (picture above) in the tractor parade. It's fun to see all the old tractors ranging from little garden tractors to BIG caterpillars and steam powered tractors.
Also at the show is a swap meet area... Last year I mentioned I would love a vintage Singer sewing machine. G sent me this picture before I even arrived at the show.



Meet Mabel! Named by
my sweet pumpkin. She is a 1951 Singer model 15-91. She came with her own table, chair, and several vintage accessories. I look forward to many evenings spent with her! One thing I thought was interesting is that 1951 was the 100th anniversary of Singer sewing machines. Notice the plaque on the front of the machine!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...