January 4th:
Daddy took Miss Pumpkin with him to run errands and I wasn't surprised that they had hit up the dollar store on their way home. She had picked out a horse set ( a mommy and a baby) for herself. When she got home she was so excited to show me hers and then she ran to find her sister since she had gotten one for her sister as well! I know all girls loved horses, but I had no idea how much fun a 1 year old would have with them. They even took them in the bathtub!!
January 5th:
Our puppy, Bear, has been growing nonstop! We couldn't believe how much he had grown after we had been in Shaver over the winter break! We are still working on training him and the girls are great at helping to get his energy out. Of course he loves to find any toy he can to play with- the girls will shriek if he even gets close to a treasured doll! One night I threw this Elmo across the room and he went nuts. Elmo talks when you shake him. . either singing his ABCs, laughing, and saying things like "Elmo is so giggly. . giggly .. . giggly." G would love to take Elmo out and shoot him, especially after a car ride one year where Elmo laughed when we hit every bump in the road! G and I laughed and laughed watching Bear play with this Elmo. Needless to say, this is a toy that neither G or I would be sad to see get eaten by the dog!
January 6th:
I had to work late this day and G picked up the girls from preschool. I never know what to expect when I come home and Daddy has had them! They could be shooting paintballs in the backyard, making something in the kitchen, or tearing out a wall in the house!!! The girls were excited to show me that Daddy had taught them how to hug Bear. Probably a needed lesson since Sweet Pea tends to tackle him. He amazed me that he had taken a bunch of pictures of the girls playing with him. He knows how much I love to scrapbook and thought I would appreciate the pictures- which of course I do! This is my favorite one with both girls hugging Bear.
January 7th:
Back in October a long time friend taught me how to knit. Now I think I may need to go to Knitters Anonymous. I'm definited hooked. I finished mittens for Sweet Pea and a hat for Pumpkin over the winter break. Then I started another project (pictures soon!) and that one just needs to be sewn together and it is done. Today I cast on for my latest project! I'm so excited for this one. . .more details to come later as it is a gift for someone. This is by far the biggest project I have done- both with the size of the needles (size 15!!) and the finished size of the project. I'm hopeful to finish it this month and that I will love it.
I've enjoyed my first week of my renewed Project 365. It is fun thinking about which moment I want to capture and what memory I'm going to include. I know that this will be a journal of some special moments that will otherwise be forgotten in the mundane everyday life! Happy Weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment